The Premium Choice From Mohawk
Sam’s Flooring offers over 4,000 area rugs and hundreds of runners to choose from.
Mohawk area rugs are your premium choice when it comes to design, color and value. Our dedicated rug designers are constantly creating the new looks that you want.
Mohawk Select woven products are made from durable fiber that offer a soft hand, easy care, and exceptional value. The line has the cool styling today’s consumers want, at prices that are extremely attractive.
Look at the latest styles and you can see how much fun consumers are having decorating their homes. The latest innovations from Mohawk Area Rugs Select showcase the trends toward fresh color, carefree patterns, and movement-oriented designs in area rugs.
Mohawk Area Rugs Select’s new Decorator’s Choice offers versatile patterns including retro-modern inspired graphics, bold scale transitional patterns, Asain inspired geometrics, and painterly compositions that become “art for the floor.” The color palette is deep and rich, featuring dark orange, melon, avocado, moss, butter, camel, coco leaf, deep lavender, crimson and jet black.
Select a theme below to start exploring!
What is the Right Sized Rug?
Determining the proper size for a rug is just as important as finding the right color and pattern. The size and shape of your rug can help determine and define furniture groupings as well as areas of use, such as conversation areas. Multiple rugs can link one room to another. Furniture can be centered on the rugs or positioned off the rug depending on the size of the room and feeling you are after. Companion rugs can be of different patterns, but should share a similar color palette.
Medium Sized Rooms
For medium sized rooms, area rugs are typically 5’ x 8’. This size is great for smaller bedrooms, home offices, and in living rooms under the coffee table, for example:
Under the Coffee Table
- Depending upon the size of your coffee table and accompanying furniture, choose a rug that accommodates all 4 legs of the table.
- Area rugs should approximate the same length and width of the furniture within the space.
- You can either leave some space between the furniture and area rug or place the front legs of the furniture on the rug with furniture coasters under the back legs adjusting for height.
Large Sized Rooms
Large rooms typically require an 8’ x 10 or larger area rug. This size of rug is great for living rooms, great rooms, dining rooms, and master bedrooms. Instead of arranging the furniture and rug in a traditional alignment, a new twist might be to angle the rug underneath; or angle the bed/sofa/dining table and rug to match.
- An 8’ wide rug can accommodate most dining tables, but add at least 4’ to the length and width of your table measurements to be sure.
- Rugs should extend beyond the chairs in the pulled out position.
Living Rooms / Great Rooms
- Balance the area you are trying to define by leaving an equal amount of rug around the furniture grouping.
- An equal amount of exposed flooring around your rug can also give balance to your room
In bedrooms, one large rug is luxurious, but the bed will cover most of it. Smaller equal-sized rugs used around the bed are another option. The soft comfort of a rug is most appreciated when stepping in and out of bed.